Contact us for a personalised quotation

02392 002002

Latest News < Back

Travelling abroad after BREXIT

The UK is heading to leave the European Union after 31 October 2019 and so far, there are no agreements in place, which will affect documents required when taking a vehicle to Europe. 

Insurers will need to re-instate the Green Card international motor insurance certificate for UK vehicles travelling to EU/EEA countries.  This provides proof to police, customs and other authorities abroad that valid motor insurance is in force for the vehicle (and separate card for trailers if applicable).  Please see the UK government website for fuller details

If you are hiring a vehicle from us to travel abroad and using our insurance, we will need sufficient notice from you before you travel to get the required documents issued by our insurance company. Alternatively, if you are using your own insurance company please contact them direct to obtain a Green Card. To comply with the law the Green Card must be printed on both sides of green A4 paper (at least 100mg weight paper). The Green Card will only be specific for one vehicle.

If you have any queries on the above please do not hesitate to contact the team on 02392002002.